There is no easy way. What ever you do, its going to be hard.
Toxic & abusive relationships are the hardest to get out of and its victims are subjected to copious amounts of pain, guilt & shame.
- They exhibit extreme fluctuating emotions of elation & sadness, creating similar chaos, desperation and hopelessness shown in addiction.
- One of the parties is the instigator of such chaos called the abuser. They exhibit narcissistic tendencies, gas lighting & lying, making their victim feel crazy, and are highly manipulative.
- They are usually themselves in some sort of active addiction.
- They give empty promises enabling & building up their victim to feel ecstatic at the prospect of a new promised “changed behavior” only to be let down again. Each time you’re let down, the pain gets stronger, the lows gets lower and It gets harder to let go.
- The victim suffers great amounts of shame & guilt. They feel powerless to leave, find themselves going back every time despite the silent promises they’ve made to themselves, that this will be the last time.
People who are in a toxic relationship cannot change alone. They need support.
First things first!
Block, delete & remove !!!
You must erase all traces of them from your life if you want to heal and move towards healthier, more loving, peaceful & balanced life.
The abuser will never leave you. You are their source of power and esteem. The more pain they cause, the stronger they feel, their victim gives them a sense of self. Without them , they are completely lost. You must leave them.
See the movie “Sleeping with the Enemy” with Julia Roberts!
How does Healing Work?
- Healing can begin only when you cut all contact.
- Diving deep into your past to identify childhood trauma & programming that might be repeating in the form of a toxic relationship pattern.
- Removing the pattern by building self awareness & taking baby action steps day by day.
- Using tools and exercises to tell your story, allowing difficult feelings of shame & guilt to surface, be felt and then released in a safe space of trust, compassion & empathy.
- Learn new ways of re connecting to your self, learning self acceptance, self love and coming to forgive yourself for the choices you’ve made.
- Creating a new vision for your life that is healthier, happier, more peaceful and balanced.
- Creating a self care ritual / activities that enhance self love everyday.
Hope this helps someone out there! If you or anyone you know is suffering from a toxic, abusive relationship get help now!
I also work with people who are in toxic relationships . I help them get through the grieving process of the break up, teach them how to stay away, we identify and remove any blocks & limiting beliefs that are holding you back and keeping you stuck. I create a safe space of trust, compassion & empathy in order to heal & grow so more love, peace and balance can enter your life.