Breaking up is hard stuff. If you’re in it, I feel you. The disappointment, the hurt, the heartache.
For me, its the disappointment of yet another failed relationship, the negative thoughts in my head that say I’ll never find the right person. Am I destined to be alone for the rest of my life? Is having a partner the key to my happiness, joy and fulfillment?
These questions are such that go on for all of us I think. They are human in nature and normal to have, but getting a bit of perspective can go a long way to help you realize the most important relationship of all.
Whats the most important relationship of all?
The most important relationship you’ll ever have is the one with yourself. If you follow my blog this won’t be the first time you’ve heard me say this. Relationships are just a mirror of whats going inside us and they are there to help us grow into the people we’re meant to be.
Creating a loving relationship with self is the foundation of attracting all that you want and deserve. Its the foundation of manifesting your soulmate. Set the vibration of abundance in your life and you’ll begin to attract real love and fulfillment.
Back to getting over your breakup. !! When we’re hurting theres little else we can do except lay in bed, cry, binge watch movies and just feel sorry for ourselves. I get it! I’ve been there.
How to get over your breakup!
- Practice self care! Take a nice bubble bath, moisturize, make yourself a nice yummy meal. Take care of yourself and go easy. Baby steps! You need time to heal.
- Allow yourself to feel your feelings as they come. Don’t do anything with them, just accept and observe.
- Journal your feelings. Write out 3 pages of whatever comes to mind about your partner, the breakup and any feelings of anger and resentment. Just binge and let go.
- Remember why you broke up in the first place. Ask yourself if this relationship is salvageable? Do they want to work at it? Are they willing to admit their side and take responsibility for their actions? It goes both ways remember!
- Talk to a friend, share, share, share!!!! Don’t keep it bottled up! Speak your feelings, find a therapist or coach, speak your feelings. I can’t stress this enough, it is key! Feelings need to come out, especially negative ones, otherwise they will eat at you and hold you back. Sharing will help take the experience outside of yourself. The more they stay inside, the more time it will take for you to heal. Release that shit!
Hope this helped someone on some level. If so, please share in the comment box below, I would love to hear from you.
In the mean time, take care of yourself cause if you don’t, no one else will.
With that I will leave you with one of my favorites!