Expressing our emotions and feelings through creative outlets can be very empowering, inspiring and fun!
In my work as a relationship coach I encourage my clients to re – connect to themselves in ways that promote their well being, their self esteem and self worth. Part of self discovery is learning what activities you like to engage in be it reading, exercise, cooking etc. It can literally be anything that brings you joy!!!
In relationships often we can get lost in our partners and children making them the center of our universe. This may leave us feeling exhausted and run down even depressed. A sense of losing themselves is often what women come to me with. Women are often so giving, caring, accommodating and nurturing that they can forget to nurture themselves and this can leave them running on empty! How can you give when you’re running on empty?
Life’s purpose as I see it, is to bring us back to our true authentic selves. We may get lost along the way, but if you can learn the lessons you can connect back to you and hopefully start to see the beauty you posses, and see how important it is for you to nurture yourself and take care of yourself. Engaging in activities that bring you joy is a large part of self care and painting as a creative outlet is a great way to nurture yourself.
A lot of people think that being creative is something that you’re either born with or have to posses the appropriate talent. Yes talent helps. But anyone and everyone has a creative side to them, sometimes you just have to find it !
If you doubt yourself on creativity, don’t! You are a creative person whether you believe it or not! The benefits of engaging in creative activities are so many! I work with addicts in a program and one of the ways addicts deal with their withdrawals symptoms is through painting and drawing. Using and mixing colors is fun, exiting and inspiring. It directs your energy into something positive and that for me is One of the greatest gifts painting has to offer. Below are some more!
The Benefits of Painting as a creative outlet
- Painting connects you to your personal expression of emotions and feelings
- It is a promoter of positive energy
- It inspires you
- When you create something, you feel significant and accomplished. These are basic human needs.
- Creation is endless and once you open up your creativity, what you can bring to the light is boundless.
- Once you start you don’t want to stop because its so damn fun!
- It connects you to your inner child!
- You connect to your true core.
- It connects you to the present moment. The present moment is where life happens. When you are in the present moment everything else melts away.
- It is a stress and anxiety reliever.
- Painting is healing
- The best way to start is by gifting yourself with a Paint By Numbers Kit. The Paint By Numbers Kit includes everything you need to begin your creative painting experience! It includes a canvas, a few brushes, paint canisters and all the colors you need! It’s like a coloring book with a twist in that the canvas has numbers guiding you to each color. Its also great because you can buy the kit all at once instead of going out and buying everything separately.
I encourage you to try painting as a creative expression using the Paint By Numbers Kit and see what part of you comes out!
Dare to show your true colors!